Monday, August 18, 2014

Fav song right now and an Ode to the Rims.

First new song alert-thank you Spotify Evening Chill.  Great songs on that playlist.  I am loving this one and listening to it right now.



As my time in Billings is coming to an end, I am so thankful for this trip.  I decided to come on this trip to spend time with my friends and family.  Usually my trips would consist of my dad asking what I was eating for training so he could whip that up for a meal then I could be out the door for hours.  Also, this is the first summer I am not in grad school.  So, it is a nice reprieve for those around me not to have to deal with my stressed out self.  In fact, on this trip I barely know myself-hello drinks and biscuits and gravy for breakfast and how about fries for dinner.  Please and thank you.  #sorryiamnotsorry

I have been able to hang out with some of my favorites and re-connect with old friends.  I decided many trips ago, that I wasn't going to spend my limited time I spend in B-town trying to make plans with people. Texting and calling people to fill my day.  It was so exhausting, especially when you are the one doing all the reaching out.  Some friends you need to let go, some friends you don't need to see every time and you still love each other.  So, as of lately, I have been just posting I am in town.  People can hit me up if they want to hang out and that is who I make time for.  And sometimes I catch up with others next trip.

This trip has been a bit more nostalgic for me.  Maybe because I am not running around with my head cut off.  I am breathing Billings in.  Maybe part of that is the re-connect with an old friend from high school.  And suddenly I find myself thinking of all the summers spent here in high school and back home for college.  All the times going to the fair and time spent on the rims.  The rims is the most identifying of all things Billings. I remembering going around one of the turns on Zimmerman Trail and seeing all the classes paint their graduation year on the cement guard rail and counting the years until my class was up. I remember driving up Zimmerman Trail to head to the Heights, this magical place where Skyview boys lived.  Sitting up there, I loved listening to the crickets at night, their sound letting you know that summer is still here, albeit fleeting. Reminds me of camping out in the backyard.  I remember going to the rims to repel, to hang out, to skip school, to make out, to run, to do bootcamp and most of all, to look out at this vast city and dream big and at the same time loving this community.  The lights showing how the city is alive and buzzing, but the openness of the Big Sky showing you the endless possibilities of what life may hold outside the city limits.

The Rims
Thank you to all my friends and family who spent a little bit of time with me on this trip.  Thank you to my dad's hot tub and thank you Billings. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment