Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A PR kind of year....

What a racing year! I am so humbled, honestly.  First, let me link up one song that has been my theme all year.  Especially when I decided to pull the trigger on the Ironman Calgary 70.3.  I even heard it as I was cheering the IMCDA.  And just an all around kick butt song to get you going.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y66j_BUCBMY

Ok.  So, this last year was the first year that I trained during the winter.  Usually after my season ends in September, I say peace out and focus on school the rest of the time until like...February.  I enjoyed sleeping in, focusing only on school and eating queso...and more queso...you get the point.  However, I would have to start all over on my fitness.  I found it is easier to maintain than to start over.  Who knew!!

I started this year being challenged to do the YMCA Indoor Ironman by my friend Kelli.  You have the whole month to finish it.  I completed it in 3 days and technically won it.  First done in the fastest time.  I scored a cool track jacket as well.  I picked green because I don't have enough great-for an Irish girl.


My friend Adrienna talked me into a snow packed run called the Snow Joke in Seeley Lake, which I had always wanted to do, yet never signed up, until this year.  So, pretty and there were some miserable times as well.  My hydration belt leaked on my quad and froze it.  So, the last few miles were mind over matter for sure.

This year I also bought my new bike, Fuego- a red Specialized road bike.  I will add picks when I do my Ironman blog.  I named him Fuego because it's red and looks fast.  57 inch frame-this girl has long legs :-)  Soon, because of this bike-which fit me better-I was biking faster-and because of Masters-I was swimming faster-and because of girls making me get out of bed-I was running better.  Thus, after the Grizzly Triathlon PR, I decided to make a silent goal to myself.  I would PR every race I entered.  And I did!  Granted a few were the first time on the course (which counts as a PR!)-only like three races, but nonetheless, I PR'd every race...every damn one.  Only one was a total complete sufferfest.  That was the Spring Meadow Triathlon.  It was so hot.  I was seeing double when I got off the bike.  The first half of the run I twisted my ankle on a rock on the path.  It was slow going after that.  But I finished. There were times I definitely DNC-DID NOT CARE- anymore, but still finished to my friends cheering and my tri partner Diedra running me in.

Here are the bibs from this year's races!
And my medals :-)

On the last 3 miles of my last half marathon-ahead of 2 dudes!

What an amazing year.  Now for more yoga, easy runs, some light rides and only swimming with Masters once-maybe twice a week at times.  No pressure for a couple months!  Also, a time to set new goals and dream big!
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment